Air Arms Team ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Dec 21, 2008.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I was just wondering having seen the airgun world how many of the winning BFTA air arms team using the new EV2 actually bought there rifles and how many were given them by air arms ? be interesting to know ??? HOLLY

2. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

If it is the case that they are presented with gratis rifles, will they be getting the new Mk3 next year & can they sell their old ones?:)

3. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Ev2

And who tunes the airarms team guns when they get given them.As for sure they are not out of the box ones:rolleyes:.

4. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Isn't that Nick Jenkinson?

5. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I can only speak for myself here.
    I was given the EV2 mk2 to use in competition, the arrangements that other shooters have with AirArms I do not know.
    As for tuning.......sorry but it is factory standard, apart from my own hamster (squeak!) and palm shelf.

James

6. KarlC

KarlC Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill Ftc
    Air Arms team

Who gives a damn if the Airarms team are given the new Ev2 mk 3 rifles as all of the the current Air arm team members are of a high calibre and deserve as much help and support from the Gun makers as possible as these guys every time they shoot are advertising these guns and probably sell more guns this way than just adverts in the magazines, and I wish Steyr would come along and say shoot in our team I :shot:would snap it up, as you dont get many chances in life ...

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    No reason you cant start a team... all you need is 6 shooters who are going to do all the GP's...

I'm sure harry would help out where he could.

We could do with another few teams in the GP series... there's FWB, Anschutz, Daystate, Steyr... all could be done...

8. KarlC

KarlC Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill Ftc
    Air Arms Team

Yea thats a great idea, I will try to organize a team for the 2009 Grand prix season, I will get on to Harry Preston and see what he could help us out with, Does anybody know Andy Gillotts number or email address as he would be a great asset to have in a team, I will start my homework and find a complete team who shot Steyr rifles , but if anybody knows some one who is shooting the 2009 grand prix season with a Steyr then contact me at kwrclarke@aol.com.. so i can make a short list....
    Karl

9. ftwizard

ftwizard New Member

The EV2/Pro-Target/RN10 is a pretty well sorted rifle. It's remained exactly the same internally since the begining, and as such needs very little internal tuning, just careful maintainance. There's very little you could do that hasn't already been tried (shortened stroke etc.)
    I'm afraid you'll just have to accept that these people are on a different planet, talent wise. ;)

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Ev2 ft wizard .

My god truffelworth has come out of his box and spoken . a man who has made a religion of diamond wight . as far as i can see . the only real improvments to the EV2 from the RN10 MK1 is the barrel and a few odds and sods . in otherwords they are using the barrel off the S200 for the good ones . but i could be wrong ( unlikely ) good of james to come clean .i wonder what else he will divulge ( wears his Y fronts back to front ) i just thank god that the best shots are using air arms . that gives us lads a chance using a decent rifle ( anshutz 20002 ) roll on christmas ??? HOLLY

11. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Holly,

The trick is no pants at all. Unless it gets really cold at least.
    The mk2 evs share the barrel of the mpr, the mk1 did use the same barrel as the the 200, pellet selection is probably the thing that makes the difference.

I do hope to see more teams compete next season, it should spice things up nicely.

Merry Christmas to all.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Christmas .

And a merry christmas to you and yours james . who oop north is talking about going to south africa for the worlds i wonder . what would be nice would be if somebody IE rob or co were to make a DVD out there so we could all see the action from the three days . instead of just hearsay god knows when after the event . with some decent editing i reckon it could be a good little selller ? whadda bout it ROB ??? HOLLY