air ams field batch choices

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by tugg, Dec 1, 2014.

1. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    Hi, where in uk can I get a choice as to what die and batch numbers are available.?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Not sure to be honest as I also have generally have found better groups in AA fields as apposed to JSB's, so please let me know what you find.
    I do know that when I have asked my local shop they have phoned the supplier, and asked them to look on the shelves to see what they have, you might be able to do that with a shop that is helpful.

A few of us just buy a tin or two from anywhere we can and swap them with each other to test, and if we find something good, rush back and buy them up!! Not an ideal way to purchase the best batch.:cool:

Obviously much more choice on JSB's, so I might be purchasing samples of those next time.

3. chris.allum

chris.allum Member

Club:
    Wendover
    Go jsb ...

You can get massive choice .... Get samples sent out from that place in Germany ... It took a fair bit of sampling , but you can get a perfect batch for your barrel ... Then you can get shed loads for under 6 quid a tin

4. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    This looks good do you know the name of the German shop.

5. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
  6. rich

rich Active Member

We ordered a stock for the club; took about 3 working days from date of order to date of arrival. Well packed. Works out around £6 a tin delivered to your door.

7. chris.allum

chris.allum Member

Club:
    Wendover
    Yup john0uk got it..... We ended up at circa 5.30 per tin .... But it was a shed load across our club .... Plus about 20 odd batches and sizes to trial at first ... Then Divi'd about 15 pellets from every tin across everyone then ordered our best grouping batch etc etc ... a little bit of effort and organisation ended up with most of the club shooting the almost perfect pellet for their barrel

It was baggies and labels and lists etc ... But the guy the organised it ran it really well .... We can all forget about lead now for a year Or 2

8. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    the thing is I have tried jsb ,s and did have 3 sleeves but have now done them ,i have tried six different batches of jsb's and 3 air arms but have now found a batch of air arms that work better , just need to find some more .
    I think the tightly choked barrel on my lg300 seems to make it very pellet fussy, It seems to prefer a soft skirt

9. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    That's what I call organisation!!

just bought 10 tins across their range - received and email from them that said they are dispatched! within an hour of order! Will see if the "silver bullet" is amongst them.

Kr