Afternoon all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by loz, Dec 27, 2013.

1. loz

loz New Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    I'm fairly new to shooting. I joined Southampton Buccaneers FTC recently and bought a used Air Arms TX200. Since realised that it needs quite a lot of accessories/mods to turn it into something that's comfy and usable. (SWMBO has become increasingly bemused by the amount of time I now spend making hamsters and comb raisers etc. in the garage).

Looking forward to meeting you all (virtually).

Loz

2. top gun phil

top gun phil Member

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    welcome loz all the best for the new year :):D

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Welcome on board to a fellow club member :)

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Virtual

Virtual , virtual . what's all this virtual . get your behind along to the next central winter league on the 5th . bound to be one of the sothampton boys going to the shoot to go with . and see the shooters in person ( a motley mob ) you don't have to be good , you don't have to be great . just safe and there . you know it makes sense ??? HOLLY:):D:cool:

5. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Welcome Loz. Make 2014 a good year. Get involved. Holly's right. Get stuck in. :D :D

ATB
    Jack

6. loz

loz New Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    Thanks everyone for your kind welcome.
    Holly and Strokebloke. I am intending to get involved, but being a complete novice I am trying to get a grasp of the basics before attempting anything like a winter league. I'm planning to have a go at the Buccaneers club league this year as a first step.

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Hi

Hi up mate . try to get in with some one who knows what they are doing at the club . the buccs ground is superb to shoot over . but could be a bit harsh for some one who is just starting out in FT . if you don't hit everything in sight to start with , be cool . nobody wins the world champs in there first year ( some of us never win anything , hey jack :D ) if you can get a shooting partner , this will help a lot . what you need to do is to listen and try . try and modify are the words you are looking for . the hard bit is that after being in the game for three weeks and picking up the lingo . a lot of new shooters become EXPERTS . try to stick with those that can talk the talk AND walk the walk . above all keep doing what you are doing at the mo , ENJOYING IT . Luck ??? HOLLY:):cool: