Aeron Black Mamba FT

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by rubi-tong, Apr 10, 2019.

1. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

Hi Guy and Girls,

Has anyone used the above rifle?
    Can't seem to find out a great deal about it apart from YouTube videos from 2 years ago.
    Even the website says price tbc/available 2018???

How would this compare against an AA HFT500? getting one at the weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    I'm not sure they are imported any more, but a guy at the club had one which I spent a little time with.

There are a few bits and bobs, like the cocking lever which are a little small, not weak, just not very big, but it all works fine. Accuracy wise, the one I shot was excellent, I think the guy was using JSB's from the clubs stock, so straight from the 'shop', and they were great taking predictable amounts of wind and consistently very accurate. The trigger was also very good, much better than a standard AA s400 / 500, although the guy had it set up as a single stage. The break was clean and has a nice 'snap' feel to it.

I only shot the thing for a half an hour or so, but I liked it and thought is was a nice rifle.

rubi-tong likes this.
  3. miketowler

miketowler Member

Club:
    Nomads, furnace mill, throckmorton
    My view on the black mamba, it will be harder to get parts if it was to break, and what would the resale be like, (impossible)
    Hft 500 parts ready available and resale prospect is good

rubi-tong likes this.
  4. rubi-tong

The "dilemma" I'm facing is, I've been offered a full HFT500 package, ie gun scope, carbon 9ltr bottle, mat, cushion, glove etc for £1000.
    I've just seen a Steyr LG110 FT with Warren Edwards wood for £1200. I'd still need everything else though but could just about manage it if I buy S/H.
    Is the Steyr LG110 miles ahead of the HFT500 or would I be wasting the extra money?

5. miketowler

miketowler Member

Club:
    I have just sold a hft 500, only a few months old about 500 shots though it and was lucky to get £700 , so a lot depends on the scope??? The test date on the bottle, I’d think I’d make a cheeky offer of £900
    The hft 500 is a fantastic gun and will outshoot you for years in standard form, there’s no need for fancy regulators you just fill to 160bar for 80+ shots
    As for the steyr also a fantastic gun, my but is if it’s the bee’s then why do so many come up for sale at half new price?? Can of worms opened with that statement

rubi-tong likes this.
  6. miketowler

miketowler Member

Club:
    If it helps you out any, I part changed my hft500 for a Feinwerkbau 800 that cost me £2800, now that should be better than the steyr but my scores dropped and have continued to fall to Embaresing levels, just a few weeks before that change I also purchased a new AA510regulated but this had a problem and had to go back to AA to be sorted, (long story) but after 6 weeks they supplied a complete new gun that after being sat in the gun cabinet for another 2 weeks I took it out yesterday zeroed the sights and was back to a good if not brilliant score for me, and that’s with a crappy scope

rubi-tong likes this.
  7. rubi-tong

HFT500 it is then lol, I may price up a nice Warren Edwards stock for it, any other stock makers you'd recommend?
    Don't even know how much a stock would set me back?
    Not shot HFT for 8+ years now so I'm a little out of date lol.
    Used to be pretty good with a PB of 59 but averaged mid 50s.

8. miketowler

miketowler Member

Club:
    I have the aeron stock and in my opinion a bit expensive at about £450 but it does work well and a good talking point?
    If you was shooting pb’s of 59 then we better look out for you, get yourself to some of the nationals is my advice
    Last weekend I had a pw of33 with the Feinwerkbau but got into the mid 50’s yesterday with the 510
    But you’ll love the hft500 I promise

rubi-tong likes this.
  9. rubi-tong

Well I need to get back to practicing my range finding then lol.
    How often are the Nationals held?

10. scannerzer

scannerzer New Member

Club:
    mid ulster air rifle club
    would putting the hft500 in an aeron stock at some point not give you the best of both worlds. i use one on an s200 for ft and after a while tinkering with it to get a good fit my scores are starting to improve