Advice on barrel cleaning please

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by popsheep, Nov 22, 2010.

1. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

I;m asking for help on cleaning a Anschultz barrel I;m told that you are required to clean after about 200 shots ,so my question to all you top guys is ,
    what product do you use and whats the most successfull method to maintain good grouping
    Post or PM
    cheers Ian
    I thank you for your reply;s

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

3. Pod

Pod New Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Same here - except I use CLP Break Free oil instead of pellet lube (although I use the Break Free for pellet lube too!)

I pull an oiled one through and then a couple of dry ones after every session.

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

This is what I use :)

[​IMG]
    in 60lb breaking strain

combined with...

[​IMG]

Drop of pellet lube on the first couple then a couple of dry ones:)

5. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Hope you dont use them in your roll ups afterwards Vin! :eek:

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Mad

pop man . simple . if like me you shoot the rifle every weekend . then every second day you use it , clean it . nick a good lenght of plastic reset string . ( won't harm the barrel ) double it over . tie it off . get a roll of ex army 4 by 2 . about £ 3.50 a roll .cut off a piece of 4 by 2 . cut that in half . put some WD 40 on the first patch . and pull through twice with it . then do the same with the dry patch . make sure you roll the 4 by 2 up tightly before placing in the string ( by the way it wil be 2 by 2 when you use it ) you will need a straw on the shutz to get in to line up with the barrel . macdonalds do a good one that last for ages . that will be good for anothe two days shooting and of course another win with your shutz ??? HOLLY

7. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

Holly I;ll see you next week-end

bring the set up so I can have a look-see as I;m doing the food at ETL for the winter league.
    cheers Ian

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Right ?

Right ian i will sort you out on sunday ,no problem ??? HOLLY PS who did you buy the shutz off . not dopper i hope ?

9. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I clean mine every 200 shots, it was 300 but has now gone to 200 for some reason?? If i try a different pellet i give it a really good pull through and start from scratch. I have heard that some don't need cleaning at all?? Very odd but each is different . Good luck with it all.

LAity