Adjustable parallex question

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Dave Godwin, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Dave Godwin

Dave Godwin New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Hi guys, i need some advice please.
    I have been zeroing my gun at home at short range 12yards with the parallex adjusted to that range.
    When i get to the HFT course i then change the parallex stting to 23 yards.
    Wil this affect my POI, should i zero with the parallex set how i shoot the course ?

The scope in question is an MTC Viper

ATB

Dave

2. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

It really depends on your scope, mine for instance if i change my PX the POI is all over the place so zero with the PX set to what i want to shoot it at for HFT, however other scopes are fine, i reckon you might be alright with the MTC but the best thing to do is get down to a range and move the PX around and see if the POI changes at all.

Good luck

LAity

3. Dave Godwin

Dave Godwin New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Hi Laity, thanks for the input, i have tried that at home (only 12.5 yards) and noticed a change in poi at that range.

Dave

4. Jon

Jon Member

Have known loads of cheaper scopes do exactly that. One producer knows it as ret wandering.

The only decent way of checking is to clamp scope rigid thus eliminating user error. Bean bag, workmate vice or bench not good enough, something substantial.
    The other way is slap a collimator on, this will show the ret movement whilst adjusting the focus, some are unreal looking several inches over 20 yards spread!

5. Pod

Pod New Member

Club:
    Bisley
    If you have a laser you can also check it. Mount the laser on the scope and zero it with the cross hair at about 30 yards. Adjust the PA and the mag and the laser dot and cross hair should still coincide.

I've had two scopes that showed POI movement. Once was completely random with the sidewheel PA (Nikko Sitirling) and got binned, the other moves slightly to the right as the mag increases and comes back when the mag is adjusted back again (SMK el cheapo). It will be getting binned as soon as I can get a replacement.

Not had any problems with the 4 MTC scopes I have had.

6. HOMETUNEDAVE

HOMETUNEDAVE New Member

paralex

Hey Laity
    If you used adecent scope you would not have this POI problem DUMP the Hawk::rolleyes:

7. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    most HFT'ers dont notice ret movement as they tend to set it at one distance and leave it. I think more people will notice it now the extreme series is with us. I didnt notice it on my MTC connect until i started doing extreme.
    Fixed mag anyone? :)

8. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    mtc early scopes didnt suffer but the new ones do its down to the rect woz etched on early ones,now they r done different and some rects move :mad::mad:,early mtc where very good glass but new ones i feel the quality went down u can see bits over the scope lense:mad::mad:

9. Dave Godwin

Dave Godwin New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Thanks for all your input guys.
    I have got my head round it now, re zeroed the gun and tried in anger yesterday.

Still a plonker though lol

All the best

Dave:D