Adjustable mounts

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by david j, Jan 23, 2011.

1. david j

david j Member

Club:
    Redfearns
    Hi
    Anybody got views on fully adjustable mounts ,are they any good.
    David j

2. JTK

JTK New Member

once tightened down I dont think they will move on a PCP. wont try tham on a springer. And am refering to Sportsmatch

3. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Have now used the ATP66 mounts from Sportsmatch on 4 rifles scopes being set up for FT. Once Optically zeroed adjusted the impact point of the pellets to 45yds after checking at 10yds.

Takes a little while as its only small adjustments are needed on the screw for the elevation. I actually used a small drop of screwlock on the ones that lock the moveable mount section for my own piece of mind.

My opinion is that they work well and for setting up FT scopes were moving the turret around the optical zero they are now bettered. Never tried any other make or used the windage version.

4. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Using ATP66 fully adjustables on both precharge FT rifles and ATP61 height adjustables on my HW77 springer, never had any problems at all with them moving, and as Andy does, I optically center the scope then zero the rifle on the mounts just using a few clicks on the scope to fine adjust the final zero!

the ATP66 is so easy to fine adjust you can get withing quater of an inch at 30yds without touching the scope!
    highly reccomended!

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    used b-sqaure one piece and two piece and sportsmatch atp61's.

atp 61's are my fave by a long way, but i'd prefer any over shimming....

b-square 2 piece are ok to setup but fiddly and they don't come centred, if you ignore the need for 4 imperial allen keys... but you can change the elevation my lifting and rotating the dovetail mount on one of them with ease... the 1 piece are a bitch requiring the scope is unclamped first.

none of them have shifted on pcp or springer.

the b-squares are also mega tight on tolerance, meaning all bolts have to be perfectly square to work, even the rail clamp on the one piece needs to be parallel to bind up right, else it snags...

my only gripes with the sportmatch is that the allen bolts go rusty very quickly, that you need 4 metric allen keys... but they are simple to setup and use, about 2 secs longer than a standard set and better than shimming.

somewhere along the lines, b-square changed the post thread pitch, which is a nause because longer posts may not fit newer/older mounts...

6. david j

david j Member

Club:
    Redfearns
    Hi there
    Many thanks for info on scope mounts and yes i was refering to apt66s
    David j