Adjustable Hamster for Steyr

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by zahed2010, May 3, 2015.

1. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    I'd like to make an adjustable hamster for my Steyr, but I'm not entirely sure how to make it adjustable (just up and down). Can anyone help with posting some pictures of how their mechanism works?

Cheers Z

2. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    z

There are two or 3 basic types. Cantilever type as per the RAW and MEC ones

Pin and sliding collar as per the Anschutz

Pm me your email and will send pics - I have both types

Or I think it is the standard Steyr FT 2012 type which is an approx. 75mm by 100mm or so flat plat about 15mm thin that has two elongated slots in it 50 mm apart and about 80mm by 8mm - which the foot shaped hammy slides up and down on it. clamped by two bolts - that gives a degree of tilt as well.

Saw one at the GP last week looked really good. Obviously has a rail slider fitment on the top which clamps with a bolt through it. - Sorry don't have one to picture - so description is a bit long winded. If you PM me yr email I will draw and scan so you can see it- but it is from memory!
    kr

3. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    Many thanks. Z