Accuracy

Discussion in 'Weihrauch' started by HW100 DUBS, Jul 16, 2017.

1. HW100 DUBS

HW100 DUBS New Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Evening folks what would the acceptable difference in fps be before accuracy is affected

2. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    Technically 1! :lev

But that is probably not what you meant? :eek:o

In truth, it depends mostly on the distance you are shooting at as for every 1 fps slower the pellet goes (compared to other shots mind!) it will drop further from the horizontal and give you less accuracy - but in real life this means at 20m you would not even notice a 1fps drop, and probably not at 50m either. So if your fps spread is in single or low double digits then it's just part of the sport and a tiny difference which would be outweighed by your pulse/wind/pellet batch/the loch ness monster etc.... A 1mph wind difference will make far greater anomalies than a few fps muzzle velocity difference. At 15/20fps difference shot to shot you would see it on paper if rested on a bench (and your a great shot) at 30m+, and it will exaggerate more the greater the distance your shooting over, but it will only be a couple of mms every 10m or so beyond this.

It matters more if your punching paper because 1mm matters in a comp, but if your shooting spinners outdoors and your out by 1mm due to a fps difference, it's drowned by all the other factors above.

So in my opinion - and there are many more - single figures is ideal, low double digits are the norm in real life and not an issue unless your indoors paper punching in a comp. Once you get to 20/30fps+ you need to address this for FT/HFT/paper punching/comps, but not general range work and spinners for fun. 40+fps spread, your gun is in need of some TLC or it's just suitable for fun/plinking. Anything over that and it's probably got issues.

You can put the figures into chair gun and see the results, but I've tried them for real and they don't come out the same in real life, but the general "jist" of it is right.

James

3. HW100 DUBS

HW100 DUBS New Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Thanks I am shooting FT and am seeing a 40fps difference through the crono perhaps just looking for an excuse for some of the misses lol might just have the gun serviced though

4. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    I'd definitely have it looked at with a 40fps spread, that is a lot and will change your POI shot to shot for FT. Just check you weigh your pellets before using them through the crono for accuracy though, if you have a big difference in weight pellet to pellet it could easily turn 20fps into 40pfs, and I'd also get a second opinion before you spend money on it, there are bound to be loads of people with cronos at any range,/club for you to try.

Good luck.

James

5. HW100 DUBS

HW100 DUBS New Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Thanks for the advice m8 I will do that

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    As james has already said, even a very good batch of pellets can vary in weight enough to give a 12fps spread. I posted a thread on here ages ago when i did the calculations over 3 tins of weighed pellets.

If it's your HW100 that's the problem then have a look on the Internet,buy a reg checker (they are quite cheap) and learn how to strip yourself. They are quite an easy rifle to self service and set up. Tons of vids on Youtube.

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    1 st

First thing to do is try it over another chrono ??? HOLLY

8. HW100 DUBS

HW100 DUBS New Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Thanks yes I will try another crono but I do tend to shoot high a few times but still all good fun

9. Mrben0

Mrben0 New Member

If you are getting a spread of 40 fps over regulated fill there is something not quite right, i would start by checking the pellet probe O ring, make sure you have a replacement o ring for the breech block first, 12x1mm

Also check the hammer assembly is not all gummed up with sticky grease, that can make a big difference to shot consistency