AA S400 Vs AA MPR FT

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by nealgardner, Oct 29, 2015.

1. nealgardner

nealgardner New Member

Club:
    Castle field
    Just about to buy my first set up and was recommended the S400 by quite a few people and i liked the way it shot. I've just had permission from my good lady to spend a little more of my wages, (took some persuading) so i am also looking at the AA MPR FT, whichever one will have a T50 on top.
    Just looking for your thoughts or first hand experiences on either.
    Thanks.
    :)

2. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Neal, although internally they a virtually the same the MPR has many benefits over the S400. The trigger is adjustable, the barrel sturdier and less prone to knocks and the fit of the FT will suit you better. I've had Steyrs for years but the best 2 grouping rifles i've ever owned were actually MPR's. Also a doddle to work on yourself.

3. Matt5mith

Matt5mith New Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Loved my MPR FT, very very accurate! In fact every time I shot it, it surprised me. No experience of the normal S400 though. Just try the pair and see what you think though.

I added a few Rowan Engineering bits to the stock to lengthen it slightly but that depends on your requirements entirely

4. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard Im not improving in Nefta Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    if its ft shooting your looking at doing, a second hand pro target may also be around the same money?
    what is your budget?

mpr over s400 for me.

5. nealgardner

nealgardner New Member

Club:
    Castle field
    Got about £850 left to buy the rifle, air bottle, mounts and case.

6. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    MPR all the way! I have two and they have given me some of my best scores in HFT, and I own or have owned all of the above guns mentioned. I also still own a GML'd AA 400 and a GML AA 410, and Chris is spot on with his comments about the thicker barrel and adjustable trigger. They also have a dedicated .177 pellet trough which helps when loading.
    AA400 is very good but the MPR 400 is a superb all rounder.