AA S400 Firing pot Adjustment

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by burjaka, Mar 30, 2011.

1. burjaka

burjaka Member

Club:
    CT Sousel - Portugal
    How do you adjust yours?
    Mine's at 58mm and rocking , less shots and more constant....:)
    Can you leave your experience?

AA S400 is everything people say, if not Better...:):):)

2. Gilogrt

Gilogrt Member

Club:
    Greyhound/Kibworth
    Mine is at 58 but having just changer the hammer spring, I have more preload and my shot count has gone down. Also, getting some push as it's using too much air for each shot. Am I right in thinking that screwing the pot in, say 57mm, this would counter act the extra force applied to the valve?

3. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I've always set the S400's i've serviced to 58mm.

Giles ...not sure in practice but the theory seems right. The firing valve spring would then have more pre load for the hammer to overcome. Only way is to try it out and that would be a PITA as you'd have to keep emptying,cylinder off and refilling before you can test. AND do you really want to mess with a rifle that put in such a strong score at Treetops?...i mean, if you'd have fluked the stander like i did you would have had 100% mate:D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  4. Gilogrt

Gilogrt Member

Club:
    Greyhound/Kibworth
    Don't patronise me chris! ;) you didn't fluke anything there. They call it skill. Mine however was going far too well, decided that if I dropped a couple of points in a convincing manner Laity would take it easy on me as he knows how I like to cheat! especially after I slipped someone a £20 note to shoot the crono! Thought the stander an appropriate spot as any. :D

5. burjaka

burjaka Member

Club:
    CT Sousel - Portugal
    Anyone else???:)