AA S200/cz200 scope riser

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by Marin, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Marin

Marin Member

Dear all,

Recently I got one "green" cz200 for my wife but the same is valid on AA s200. I'm preparing the green for the new FT season.

I'm trying to find dedicated scope riser made for that rifle.

Something like the one on that picture:
    IMG-48c2e2cacf47b667b33fc82e2fea560c-V.jpg

I have two reasons doing so:
    I want the scope higher to minimize the drop in distant targets but even more than that I want to reinforce the floating barrel which is not quite solidly fixed in that rifle. Such scope riser would act as a bridge connecting the front scope support to the rear one and in my opinion will improve poi shift problems related to the weak barrel fixation.

I know that such raiser can be done in every good workshop but I want to skip the engineering time and go with something available on the market if possible.

I have the two Rowan risers on mind but I don't find any dimensions there.
    I would appreciate if someone owning them can measure the two base dovetail clamps length and the distance between them.

Any suggestions?

2. JerryD

JerryD Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Marin likes this.
  3. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

I cant imagine you will find one, on the shelf so to speak.

The 200, isn't particularly popular for ft.

As you say, any of the usual metalwork guys should be able to sort you out.

You can buy long single clamp riser rails, that would do the job, but a cutout would need to be made to allow pellet loading.

Personally I'd be more concerned about shimming the cylinder solidly against the breech block than additional barrel rigidity.

Paul_T likes this.
  4. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Another thing to check is the barrel band has clearance around the barrel to ensure the barrel floats. I ended up laser cutting a new band that just supported the cylinder, out of 10mm acrylic.

5. Marin

Marin Member

Thanks JerryD. I will check them out.

Tyllygti6,
    The barrel is already floating. The front barrel support is drilled and not touching the barrel. I know it can stay like that but I dont like the fact the barrel is inserted just 25mm in the block. I already tried the long riser rail solution but want something better. That small rifle looks really nice in my eyes (compered to my black fx royale) and I want to put something good looking on it.
    There is a shimming washer between the cylinder and the breech block.

What else could you recommend me to do.

Regards

6. Marin

Marin Member

That's already done.

In my opinion the rifle is ready to compeat. Needs just a better scope and if it suits well my wife next year will be updated with a more adjustable hamster and but plate.

7. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

The other things I did to mine were fit a human reg, put it into an ACZ ultra stock and work on the trigger.
    The trigger is crap out of the factory I rounded over the grub screws on the lathe. Polished the sears and shimmed the sears to stop the wobbling.

Marin likes this.
  8. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Sorry should be huma reg. Predictive text:oops:...

9. Marin

Marin Member

Paul,
    Altros regular with quick fill and aluminium air cylinder is already on.
    I don't plan changing the stock as it fit well my wife. As for the trigger I will work on when I get more familiar.

I like predictive text errors as they make my posts look somehow avarage. I'm not native English writing guy. To be honest I don't write well on my oun language as well :D

10. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Your english is very good.
    I only have one language and I'm not good at it.

11. garym

garym Active Member

Marin's CZ 200 was bought from me.
    The trigger is sorted , regulator fitted, barrel fully floating and the cylinder shimmed solidly against the breech block. I even fitted a Rowan trigger blade and cleaned up, rubbed down all the rough areas in the inletting. :) All the fiddly work is done.
    Please Marin, just put a scope on it and enjoy shooting the rifle. ;)
    Gary

Marin likes this.
  12. Marin

Marin Member

Gary,
    I would not touch nothing except putting that scope riser, reg. pressure and maybe adjusting a little 1st stage. The rifle was perfectly set by you.
    The riser is critical without good scope as it minimizes the measurement error in far distances. It will as well reinforce the barrel fixation which is not very solid in that model.
    Don't worry we will shoot the rifle a lot this year . I already put a scope on and intend to try it
    this weekend.

Regards

garym likes this.