AA ProTarget cylinder help!

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by TJDizzy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TJDizzy

TJDizzy TJDizzy

Club:
    WendoverARC
    Hi

I have just brought an AA 400 ally cylinder with the intent of fitting to my ProTarget the issue I have is the thread in the cylinder is'nt as long (12mm) as my reg cap or filling cap ends (20mm) long thread, Has anyone had this trouble when trying to fit one or any ideas of how to over come this? The only idea I have had is to mill the length of the end cap threads down to 12mm?

Any help would be good :)

ATB
    TJ

2. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

Is the alli cylinder an AA part or custom?
    If custom the thread length is wrong,if its unfit for purpose return it to be made right.....

3. TJDizzy

TJDizzy TJDizzy

Club:
    WendoverARC
    It's an original AA part I think I may have to send it back, and go back to the drawing board :eek:o

4. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    last time i looked the 400 air cylinder was made from steel, where did you get it from?, if it was AA you have the wrong cylinder, if it was from somewhere else, they also sent you the wrong one.

either way send it back for a replacement.;)

5. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Definitelt do not trust 12mm of aluminium thread when the cylinder end cap has a surface area as large as the AA 400 has. You are risking life and limb of yourself and anyone in the vicinty where you take it. The end cap blowing out would have 1000's of ft/lbs of energy!!!
    We dont want another one of these accidents happening!!

Is it 14 months since the last one, and Antonio has not made a complete recovery yet!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  6. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    They only alloy cyl i have heard of is for the new AA twin cyl joby.

7. TJDizzy

TJDizzy TJDizzy

Club:
    WendoverARC
    It's for a AA 400 carbine so maybe for the 400 light? I think its made to have the newer type filler cap and reg cap I assume they have a shorter thread than the old skool pro targets :( It will need to be sent back..When it comes to compressed air there's no room for error so I have already put my old cylinder back on :) It's a shame as the ally cylinder is quite alot lighter than my current steel 1..OH WELL :rolleyes:

8. ovlov

ovlov New Member

If the part number was RN235al it won't fit i have one i emailed air arms for conformation as to what rifle this part was for and they just gave me the part number for the correct part and no conformation for RN235al:eek:o