AA Prosport v HW97TH.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by cb2591, Jul 11, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

I have been using a Prosport for some time now. Decided to buy a 2nd hand 97TH. Its fitted with a Viper 10x44 and has a V mach spring etc,the diy tune kit. Well i have just taken it out into the field. What a cracking rifle. Forget the fit and weight for now, its so easy to shoot accurately.I have a EB sniper on my prosport,but like the SBC reticle on the Viper. I put a paper target at 30 yds and within a couple of clicks it was zeroed. I then fired 10 pellets inside a 30mm circle from an FT type sitting position. The fact i am tired makes the results even more gratifying. With a little tinkering and more practice im sure the accuracy will improve substantially. Only got it today ,well chuffed. The 97TH has not had the best reviews, but could become my main target rifle,a pleasure to use.

2. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

I highly rate both the Prosport and the HW77/97 series, only real advantage the HW has however is it's easier to cock!

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Well i think its easier to keep on aim. Thats due to its weight and the fact its slightly front heavy.Been using today and im still surprised at its accuracy. Gonna test one against the other tomorrow . Will be interesting. Gun fit isnt brilliant though,need to fit higher mounts. Using AA 4.52 pellets and they are a loose fit, so will have to try another brand. Still,looking good so far.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  4. cb2591

cb2591 Member

The HW was sold some time ago. I can honestly say,for me, AA are the best springers. I now have a Prosport and TX200,will get a HC later to have the set. Simply unbeatable.