AA Pro Target Question

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by dom501, Jul 14, 2012.

1. dom501

dom501 New Member

Hi Folks,

This is my first real post.

I'm just after some advice. I have an Air Arms Pro Target that I usually use to shoot 20-22 yrds standing with a 4-12x mag scope.
    My Pro Target has an 11mm dovetail at the front and rear (rear scope rail comes off).
    Eventually I would like to fit a foresight tunnel and rear dioptre sight.

Q. Will any front and rear dioptre sight fit this rifle.

Thanks for any help

Dom

2. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

The Pro Target was based on the RWS CA100 10mtr rifle so I would presume that there would be a few bits available to fit diopters, from memory the CA100 had a section that fixed to the end on the barrel to take the front sight and the standard rear rail took the rear diopter. If your PT has the shrouded barrel it maybe a little trickier but I'm sure a talented machinest could knock up something :)

3. dom501

dom501 New Member

Shrouded Barrel

Thanks very much for the prompt reply,

My Pro Target has got a shrouded barrel it does have a dovetail on the front though.

Reason I ask is because on some websites they ask... What make rifle? Anschutz, FWB, Walther etc. I'm just wondering is the 11mm dovetail standard or does it vary?

If this is a really daft question please ignore me as I wouldn't mind eventually having a go at using open sights and this is all new to me.

Thanks again

Dom

4. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    The 11mm is a standard dovetail size so any standard set of diopters should fit. If you are going to use it for 10M then if its a FT model it may be an idea to turn it down to 6ft/lb as it will give those targets a hammering.

5. dom501

dom501 New Member

Dioptre Sights

That was the intention of buying the rifle I thought I could use it for 10m shooting (with dioptre sights). The gunsmith also said he could turn the power down to 6ft/lbs if needs be.
    It's reassuring to know the 11mm is a standard fitting.
    Thanks for the help.
    Dom