Aa ftp900

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by wilkosp, Feb 10, 2014.

1. wilkosp

wilkosp Member

Club:
    Fulwood
    Hi has anybody got a ftp900 thinking of buying one just after some feedback cheers

2. Charles44

Charles44 Member

I have one and would happily recommend it - best balance of any rifle I have had and as accurate as an accurate thing!
    Pellet on pellet at 45yds (which is as much as I need for HFT), beautifully finished and just really nice to use......

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Know

You know what they say , never buy a rifle in it's first year . probably better getting a sorted MK4 EV2 ??? HOLLY:)

4. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Mega... I'll recommend it to anyone. Mine is alot nicer to shoot than my ev2
    Jack

5. Lol Moore

Lol Moore Banned

Club:
    Ford & Oaks
    but

if everyone lived by this mantra there would never be any MKII's :D

have to say after following all the doom merchants before the release of the FTP900 you would have thought they were going to be disastrous, but there seems to have been a lot more positive press tan negative since the release

time will tell if its a classic

have to say not my cup of tea, they look somewhat "unbalanced", but some scores indicate they do appear to be a tad accurate ;)

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Instead

Insted of giving these rifles to the top shots to test , would it not be better to give em to the worse to test . now if they had given one to jack , it would all have been sorted ??? HOLLY:):D

7. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Holly, you've been at the gin bottle again, haven't you?

They did give one to Jack. Jack's not the worst ~ he's one of the very best. Euro Champ 2013.
    And he apparently loves it. Get's good scores with it, I'd imagine too. ;)

You're pickled again, aren't you Hols?

It would be pointless giving one to someone like me. I'd have dropped it.
    Then, as Gilly [my very good friend :eek:o] suggests, I'd still be struggling to get it sorted for next Winter League.

I don't know why they didn't give one to you. You'd have told it like it really is, wouldn't you ?? :D

8. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    I had a go with FTP900 at the British Shooting Show today. AirArms kindly let us put 15 or so pellets down range.

I was very impressed, I think its going to be a winner. Very tempted myself.

Tony

9. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    There is a big review in the next edition of AirGunner

10. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    I've got one on order - can't wait really.

I'm a sh1te shooter now, still be a sh1te shooter with the FTP-900, but I'll still be enjoying myself :D

11. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    written by Carlo Collodi? :rolleyes:

12. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    I tried one today at the Shooting Show mainly to see if it would fit me. As expected it wouldn't ,Nick Jenkinson and I tried but the LOP is too short for me ( my length of pull is 18") WITH the adjustment all the way out. Now he did say that they could make the rod for the butt plate longer but the cheek piece still won't come back far enough.

Now all this was expected as I've never had a standard stock fit me so I asked if they (AA) would sell me the action alone and they categorically refused, so that's a sale lost then.

It shoots well enough though.

Lofty.

P.S. If they'd have given one to Holly how long do you think it would have been before he'd have 'converted it into a bullpup !,

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  13. blackscale

blackscale Member

That seems a shame!

Could you not take AA up on their offer and then get some work done to move the cheekpiece back?
    Why does it need to move back...don't you still have to put your head the required distance behind the scope?

Mike :)

14. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    literary reference, i'm impressed:D

All I can say is, I was so happy with it, I bought one with my own money and not many journalists do that.

15. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    That's the whole point. When you over extend the butt plate then you run out of adjustment to get the cheek piece back far enough,unless it too is altered in proportion as well. What I was having to do was to lean forward to enable to get onto the cheek piece but that just meant that it was not comfortable. Hence why I asked about buying the action only and was surprised at the response to be honest.

WRT the scope. Mine always tend to be fitted further back than 'normal' . In the past by using reach forward mounts but 'reversed' .

Lofty.

16. blackscale

blackscale Member

That's a shame!

The only experiences i have had have been secondhand, our Club was cleared by one (first time EVER with a pcp in 7 years)..I know that probably means nothing much but the feedback in my area has been good generally :D
    It would be my choice of rifle, if i wasn't shooting a walther :D couldn't part with my Walther..it's built like a tank and i'm a bit heavy handed. :D:D

I would imagine an alutec stock type of rifle would suit you Lofty...loads of adjustment! :cool:

17. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    The FTP shoots well enough, it was more the aggresive / dismissive attitude from AA staff that really put me off. Not to customer friendly on Saturday.

If I were to get one I'd probobly wait based on previous experiences....
    RN10 went back twice to AA for reg issues.
    Pro-Target Mk 2 went back 3-4 times before they fitted the Mk3 reg and that was playing up after 6 months or so. Went over to Daystate then for a while.

Bear in mind this was BEFORE individuals worked on the regs like we see today, back then you were limited as to who to go to plus the rifles were under warranty anyway.

I'll have a look around still and see what comes up, I'm in no real hurry.

Cheers,
    Lofty

18. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Lofty , my elevated friend . what you need to do is to go onto the BSB forum where Big jobs is selling his collection of GC2s . one of which is terry does old rifle . it is A/ Gineormous and B// deadly accurate C/ beautiful in it's john Welham stock . if that does not fit you i would be very suprised cos he is a great big lanky sod as well . ??? HOLLY:):D:eek:

19. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Evening Holly,
    Already seen the add and sent it to Bazza saying it would suit you ( you love those GC's) and him as there is a lefty in the collection.
    All for the measly sum of £12,000 , bargain of the year I think.

Cheers,
    Lofty.

20. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Problem

The problem with collecting PCPs is if you don't use em the seals dry up and servicing a GC is not cheap ??? HOLLY