Aa 400

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by ironmonkey, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

What can i do to get this up to a standard for ft.I already have a GINB stock on this and a decent scope.What can i do to really tune this?

2. Gilogrt

Gilogrt Member

Club:
    Greyhound/Kibworth
    If it is anti tamper, I polished the hammer and rail and ends of the spring, polished trigger sears and replaced the rubber dignys that hold the sears with copper crinkle washers either side. Then with all the air out of the cylinder, took the pot out that holds the valve and spring in. Polished the valve rod, sides and ends of that spring and inside of the copper pot then set the pot at 57.5 mm.
    Weighed out 25 jsb's and ran it over the crono at 165 bar fill which gives me 50 spot on shots and every single one did 777/778 pfs.
    AAOC have guides on how to do it.
    Hope this helps.
    ATB
    gilo.

3. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

Thanks mate,i will look at the air arms oc
    Regards Phil

4. Weevie

Weevie Banned

You meant not anti tamper, right? ;)

Other than that, spot on.

The most significant improvements are to be found in the hammer rail and trigger tuning.

One other thing you might want to consider is replacing the 'sporting' style trigger blade with a post and shoe type trigger. You can get these from Rowan Engineering (details to be found on AAOC) or, if he still does them, one of Pete Dutton's triggers. For functionality there may not be that much difference between one of Pete's or one of the Rowan triggers (I've not seen the Rowan fellas) but for pure bling value Pete's sterling silver shoes look great and they feel really nice under the finger-pad.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010