Aa 200

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve Bowers, May 2, 2012.

1. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Hi
    I got an Air Arms 200 from " jackson grainge " which iis a great little gun !
    My main reason for this was so my grandson " age 8 " could shoot a gun that wasn't as big as him.

But I found that with a silencer fitted it was a great little gun for shooting in the garden.
    Only thing that let it down was the wood work, a bit plain !!

My first thought was to get a wood blank and give the little gun a face lift but as I had a Ginb stock " to fit a HW100 " that no one wanted to buy " check out my old add " I thought with very little work it could be made to fit in it.

So far it's looking good !!

Now to the main reason for this thread .....

Can I fit a pressure gauge to an air arms 200 ?
    If I could get an adaptor to fit between the action and the air cylinder I could than drill and tap 1/8 bsp into it from the under side and fit a small gauge there.

Any one out there have any idea's

Thanks steve

2. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    Hi I had my S200 highly modified by XTX Air - nice chap called Darrin he's on here. Darrin regulated the cylinder and fitted me a gauge at the front it was a mk1 cylinder. The mk1 requires filling by removing cylinder Darrin did a quick fill conversion so I don't have to remove cylinder. Use XTX.

3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

As the firing valve on the S200 is inside the cylinder you cannot put a quick fill between the cylinder and action, if you do decide to fit one of the S200t front gauges in place of the filler then as mentioned above the cylinder does need to be removed to fill it backwards through the firing valve, i do have a spare genuine AA S200t filling adaptor to fill through the firing valve and i think i know where i can get my hands on a geniune S200t front gauge, so drop me a pm if you want to go that route.

I also manufacture and supply the regs that Darrin (XTX) uses to regulate the S200, the reg does prevent the cylinder from being back-fillable though which is why he would have had to fit a quick fill on the gun above as it had a front gauge too.

Cheers Simon.

4. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Thanks Tye

I thimk if it comes to either a quick fill or a gauge I'll stick with the quick fill.
    A gauge would be nice.but what ever !!

I will be looking into the " regulated the cylinder " you mentioned cos that sounds good !!!

Thanks again

Steve

5. rich

rich Active Member

A stock conversion for a young shooter:

[​IMG]

6. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Air Arms 200

Hi Rich

Nice bit of work !
    I see that the stock has been shortened from the butt end and the raised cheek looks good .
    One thing I found was that the distance from the trigger " even with it in the full back position " to the back of the pistol grip is a bit on the long side.It's more suited to an adult hand .
    When I've finished my mod's I'll post some pictures.

Steve

7. shaun eustace

shaun eustace Member

Club:
    Maldon and District (MAD)
    Old Stock

Steve,

If you are planning to sell the old stock I would be very interested in purchasing it. (Assuming its for a MKIII that is)

R
    Shaun

8. rich

rich Active Member

You can see in the photo that I've taken out a thumb groove, for exactly the reason you outline. We found that the thumb groove gave just enough improved "fit" without having to do any more surgery on the grip. Not quite so easy to spot in this pic due to the lighting, but the sharp corner that sits just behind the trigger has had the edge radiused, and that again helped the young hand to reach the trigger more easily.

9. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Hi Shaun,

Don't know if it's a MK111 the stock is a two peice and looks like the one in Rich's pictures.

I'll try to find out what MK it is and if i'm happy with my new wood work i'm sure we can work some thing out !!

get back to you soon

Steve