A head up on Worlds target colours

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Baltipal, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Hi all,
    I've been involved in a thread on the SA forum & have been informed of the planned colours of the Targets;

"Our National body has ruled that our targets should be white faceplate / black kill zone for freestyle shots, yellow faceplate / black kill zone for kneeling shots and red faceplate / white kill zone for standing shots."

Not an issue just a head up for all those heading down there who may not of heard yet.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    where's that greg?

3. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Well spotted Greg

That will help the 'hard of concentration' like myself.

Least of my worries, trying to download audiobooks onto my mp3 for the flight at the moment!

James

4. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    inflight movie not to your liking james :p

id of thought you could catch up on some of the sleep you and johnathon seem to of missed over this year.
    Im sure the mrs would like to do the same but as usual they just cope. :D

loopy

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    A Red faceplate is not good if your colour blind and on standing targets

Chris

6. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Reading back over that Post, he may mean that the domestic Shoots will follow that scheme & I assumed he meant the Worlds. I'll get it clarified & get back to you.

7. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

Just to add a comment:

Target colours are not specifically mentioned in the WFTF Constitution. Core rules mention the target mechanism type only.

Core rules not withstanding, the host nation rules then apply. If their rules say purple faceplate with polka dot kill zone, then that applies. Would be interesting to see that on a course!

I think it is safe to assume the SAAFTA rules on target colours will apply at Worlds 2009.

GS

8. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Well, it seems he was talking about the domestic scene but what Greyskullnz says is true then it still may apply.
    I do seem to remember a Red Course last year in NI.

9. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    red course does not mean red plates

it just helps in making you shoot different targets each day as we are shooting over three days

just like showdowns swaping people about

im sure they use the different plates to remind yourself what lane/dicipline your on possibly because of space

only my thoughts butim still thinking of the Peach Snaps :D

loopy

10. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

I have heard positionals will constitute 30% of the courses........

Given the altitude, heat and three days of shooting, its going to be brutal. Not exactly a stroll in the woods.

Fun Fun Fun....

GS

11. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Yes we did have a red course with red faceplates at the Worlds last year. It meant that it would be difficult to shoot the wrong target/wrong lane, as all three courses were running at the same time. It was also a bright colour so showed up well in the dark forest. We also had a white course with white faceplates and indeed a yellow course with yellow faceplates. You also had a scorecard the same colour of the course you had to shoot. We were gonna do a black course but the woods were too dark.:eek:
    We did have reservations about those with visual difficulties but never received one complaint about the colours, although mind you red, is a pain to rangefind accurately at times:mad:
    Conor

12. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    i never use the plate anyway... they can be sky blue pink for all i care.

i hope they're not hoping a tough course will slow the top shooters down... if anything, it will stretch their advantage earlier!

13. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

From a personal point of view I quite like the idea of the different colours for each discipline. Would make it even more of a laugh if it was shot wrongly. I mean there is usually a sign that says kneeling or standing :D and some get ribbing for missing those..

14. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Double checked with my contact on the SA forum & yes, that is the colour scheme they're going with.