50 target Gp courses

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by NJR 100, Feb 23, 2010.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    How many years have the Ft GP courses been 50 shot?

In the "Classic" years (1991) we used to shoot at local level a 25 target full size kill course + 5 reducers whch were "eliminators"

I cant remember how many targets i shot at gp /showdown in 1991, but i dont think it was 50 targets?

Anyone know / remember?

2. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

I may be wrong but I think that 50 shot FT courses started around 2000 ish.

Remember my first ever 50 shot FT course (not a GP) shot in 1997 at Nomads FTC just outside Petersfield Hampshire. Did not drive there as someone else did. Was relaxed and just enjoyed the day. Hit a 47 and was happy until I found out the next score down was a 44 when happy changed to a really happy shooters.

Was off to do a GP the following weekend when everything crashed and burned, hit a total of 17/40 with 16 splits and only 1 went down. Wind was one of those gentle move it slightly types. I do have a diary of all the FT shoots I shot until 1999, brings back memories when reading it.

3. Jon

Jon Member

GP FT 50 shot courses 2006.
    There are a few that still avoid.

4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    50 is a different ball game entirely than a 40!;) 10 extra difficult shots in a highly competitive arena has saw many a good score ruined:eek: