30 deg angle rule

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Cosford, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Cosford

Cosford New Member

Club:
    Cosford
    Can somebody clarify this rule for me

The un-supported kneeler should not be placed at an extreme angle (no more than 30degrees).

where is the angle to be measured from, is it the base of the peg ? as this will be different from the shooting position ,
    is it measured from the top or bottom of the faceplate , from the kill or by pulling the string
    how is it to be checked , will we require a test frame set at 30deg ?

2. raygun

raygun Non member

I would just pull the string tight to the bottom of the peg and measure the angle with my Clinometer.
    Shooters vary in height, as do pegs so the only position has to be the bottom of the peg.

Most targets have the string connected under the kill so they won't vary much. You'll be correct to a couple of minutes of angle.

or you could just guess :D

ATB
    Ray

3. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    My maths says that the target should be no higher than 0.58 of the horizontal distance to the target, ie less than 20y high at 35y (though that would be quite a target!)

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

It should be measured from the horizonal plane at the base of the peg, horizontal is zero degrees & vertical above the peg would be 90 degrees.

The idea is to stop targets being set that people can't actually adopt a kneeling position to shoot.

5. Cosford

Cosford New Member

Club:
    Cosford
    thats fine, I just want to be sure I get it correct as there has been a lot of comments on here about the course being set correctly so wanted a clear directive about this
    the shooters want a correct course and I want to put the same correct course out for them

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013