3 mounts on a s200

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by hotversion, Mar 17, 2015.

1. hotversion

hotversion Member

I going to ptry n put 3 mounts on a s200 I'm playing with if I slide the barrel mount on one dimple,I can get enough room for a singles trap mount,I think it will remove any poi shifts,has anyone else done the same?

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

The barrel fixing in the breech on the S200 is very good, I have never experienced a poi shift because of it being poor, there is a better argument to remove the barrel band to eliminate any influence from the air res or shim the gap between the air res end face and the action to make it more stable at that point.

But having said that adding a 3rd clamp might add rigidity to the setup?

3. stu180101

stu180101 New Member

+1.

3rd clamp or not - the above is a must IMHO; if not done already.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  4. hotversion

hotversion Member

Re

Are you saying free float the barrel,or undo the barrel band from bottom stock screw,pull it out away from the stock(2piece stock by the way,see were it lays naturally then either file the mount back or shim with slither ov plastic so it's perfect,or open up the hole were the barrel goes through? I'm not a big fan ov free floating as I've found with my MPR it groups tighter with the barrel band fitted.

5. raygun

raygun Non member

The MK1 S200 had a free floating barrel as standard.

With the MK2 it's debatable whether the barrel support is there to actually support the barrel are whether the barrel supports the flimsy forestock :D

ATB
    Ray.

6. hotversion

hotversion Member

Re

Its a mk 2 t version it's a flimsy front end,yeah I don't think you could free float it totally,al look at the shimming,and the 3 mount just to be a belt n braces.

7. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

This is why it is important to shim the cylinder, it tightens on an o ring so it will always move a little. The fore stock is only attached to the action with one little screw, any cylinder movement caused by resting the gun on the fore stock translates to barrel movement because they are connected by the band. Shimming the cylinder will secure it far better and brace up the front of the gun helping to reduce poi shift.

Measure the gap between cylinder and action with feeler gauges, then find a shim washer this thickness to put in there.

Or as I have done many times machine the right amount off the end of the firing valve face and the same amount out of the o ring groove so the valve body face tightens directly onto the action.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  8. hotversion

hotversion Member

re

Oh where the cylinder screws in to the action,so its bottomed out on the washer (shim) first.