2019 Bfta Gp Rd 4 (Double header weekend) (Oaktree FTC) [27 May, 2019]

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by Welsh Wizard, Jan 15, 2019.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
2019 Bfta Gp Rd 4 (Double header weekend)
Oaktree FTC
Confirmed Attendees: 2
Posted By: Welsh Wizard
Start Date: 27 May, 2019 09:00 AM
End Date: 27 May, 2019 09:00 AM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard FT: You Give, You take! Staff Member

Club:
    West Devon ftc
    Oak Tree for Rd 4 on Bank Holiday Monday

2. Welsh Wizard

Club:
    West Devon ftc
    The hard work is nearly over, and given there are only 3 regulars (with thanks and help from other club members on occasion) that have built the course its been hard work.
    So hard I really think this is the last (bfta) one from Me @ Oaktree

Thus we have put a lot of effort into making it as good as we can with a varied range of targets, some real gimmies, some really tough shots, angles and eleivations.
    We hope you enjoy it.
    If you don't, blame me!

The course flows Clockwise, so you will be shooting targets Left to Right
    The lane signs should identify the particular lanes targets and colour, if I get round to doing them Saturday!

Freestyle lanes will have matched (eg two birds, Rats etc) targets , either Yellow or White Face plates.
    Kneeling lanes have Circular targets, faceplates are painted Black (there is one 25mm kill Kneeler)
    Standing lanes are Black face plates, currently a pair of Bulls, Predators or Squirrels! (There is one 25mm kill Stander)

Zero and sillys will be in the Field and as the forecast looks good, I expect parking to be there too.

Four lanes are traditional Field targets, in that they are in a Field! Next to the Zero. Can be windy here so not too many long ones.

Its into the woods then and the "downhill banks" for 4 lanes, again can be quite windy here but there are a good mix of targets and ranges.

onto the Mini plateau, i'd expect most to hit at least 3 out of the 4 targets in the two lanes?

Its then into the "Bull" of Doom, where the competition could be won or lost in the three lanes depending on the wind?

Its a flying lane after the Bowl, Dumbo and Dori's Helicopter can fly, can your pellets fly straight?
    As the lanes then head back uphill (there are pallets to sit on should you need to rest like me) and this is our least windiest section of ground / lanes, there are some more technical shots and inspired by Anston Gp last year, there are a nice pair of gimmie lanes to finish this section on.

Once at the top of the bank, its a mix of long shots that can be quite tricky to read, throw in some angles and two standing lanes and you know you will have shot well to clear this section. Don't worry, every section has a Gimmie or three to keep the score count ticking over for All Grades!

I will try and book / Sign as many in as I can on Sunday at the Tondu Gp, that should free up time Monday morning

A.M. Briefing will be brief and at 8.50am

Do not arrive at Oaktree earlier than 7am Monday please, this a busy working farm.

Oak tree post code CF32 0EH
    Cwmrisca farm

Busy Farm so please drive slow and wave to the farmers if you see them.

Directions from tondu FTC
    Leave tondu and turn left, follow road down hill . Opposite the fountain pub turn left and cross the rail tracks, heading uphill.
    Come to cross roads, Go straight ahead follow road in to farm yard.

On entering the farm yard you will see a ramp on the right just after in the 1st sheds (on your right.)
    Drive up the ramp and stay to the right hand side follow the road around. You will see the track going around to the left follow uphill it until you come to the T junction then Right you will come to the field entrance on the right.
    The path is a bit uneven in places, but easily drivable with car.

One of the Tricky Downhill shots

_7202420.jpg

A Technical uphill shot, though I have changed the 25mm kill for a generous 40mm!

_7202440.jpg

A Gimmie

_7202446.jpg

A Not so Gimmie!

_7202450.jpg

Looking from the top of the woods, Three freestyle lanes that could take a shooter downhill!

D3S_8725.jpg

Back to Back Kneeling lanes, one coming down, one going back up. Easy to stand here and marshal!

D3S_8742.jpg

A kneeler. Not so long or steep as my split shows!!!

_7202443.jpg

The Bull (Bowl) of Doom, three tricky lanes, but not all are long range so there is hope??

_7202429.jpg

Ignore this!
    D3S_8725.jpg

The Bowl of doom, You can see England from here!!

D3S_8734.jpg

One of the trickiest targets in the Bowl, mainly cause its outside on the fields edge!

_7202432.jpg

Attached Files:

Amason007, Andy P, SteveC200 and 5 others like this.
  3. paul yates

paul yates Kung Fu Panda

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Looking forward to this

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Active Member

Club:
    SCOTIA FTC
    Unfortunately can't make this due to work.

5. SteveC200

SteveC200 Well-Known Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    Is this where it is?

Oaktree FTC.jpg

6. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    That looks like oak tree ground

7. Welsh Wizard

Club:
    West Devon ftc

Yes.
    Signs should be out next week.

SteveC200 likes this.
  8. Andy P

Andy P Gently does it......

Club:
    Hereward FT & ARC
    Looks like a lot of work has been put into this I thank you in advance....

See you at the weekend

Welsh Wizard likes this.
  9. Evo

Evo SCOUSER and top wheel nicker

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    cant wait to shoot oaktree again, brilliant place to shoot and really tricky,

looking forward to spending my birthday weekend with all the welsh pissheads lol

speak soon Si and on a personal note, thank yourself and the gang for sorting out what will be a mega shoot buddy

see ya sunday

Welsh Wizard likes this.