UKAHFT 2016 Documentation

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Announcements' started by Scooby, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

2. Wheelieneilie

Wheelieneilie Member

Club:
    MAD
    Foldaway windicators?

Hi Pete,
    Thanks for the new rules update. Can the Rowan type windicator arms be used and folded away when my gun is put back in the bag between shots?
    The cylinder/barrel band is fixed and not moved during a competiton and the arm is swung out before every shot is taken. I suspect this is allowed but just wanted to check.
    Thanks,
    Neil wakelin

3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

No it can't as then you would be able to unfold it or decide not to unfold.

It must stay the same from when you approach the peg for your first shot until after you have taken your last shot.

4. simmmo

simmmo Member

So if you have a metal Butt Pad screwed onto your wooden stock and it is positioned high up so that the wooden stock is below it, you cannot rest that wood on the ground, Have I interpreted that correctly?

Andy

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

That is correct, it's only the bit of that rule in red that we have added as clarification.

You have never been able to rest any part of your rifle on the ground OTHER than the bottom edge of the buttpad which is why we have stopped people using extension bars resting on the ground whilst having the buttpad in a higher position. The addition to the rule has been added so we don't have to keep pointing it out to shooters.

6. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Pete there is a contradiction in the kneeling rule, you say dropped down verticle and also at 90 deg to the forearm, the forearm may be nearly vertical in which case 90 deg to it would be nearly horizontal?

"The hands cannot be dropped to allow the wrist joint, arm or any other part of the body to support the rifle. The leading hand should also be forward of the knee, to illustrate this the supporting hand should be dropped down vertically (90degrees to the forearm), if it contacts with any part of the knee/leg the supporting hand is deemed too far back & therefore not forward of the knee."

7. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Pete, can we clarify if this is 20 yards directly to the target or the horizontal distance?
    I appreciate that if you were say, shooting up the bank at Emley you wouldn't be able to measure a horizontal distance but if someone had a triple ladder up a tree at a severe angle, the tree base could be a lot closer than the target. I'm thinking that if during a course vet, the horizontal distance looked a lot less than 20 yards but the club then say, oh we've taped it direct - but that's much harder to verify visually.

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I'm not really sure we need to change the wording Simon as the only thing we've added is the "90degrees to the forearm" to illustrate what we mean as some shooters try dropping their wrist slightly & claim that's as far as they can go, they then drop the wrist onto the knee as they take the shot. The wording "the supported hand should be dropped down vertically" has been in the rules for many years & hasn't caused a problem.

I'm afraid we can't write the rules for every eventuality & this rule was added to stop people dropping the wrist & resting it on the knee, if you manage to get the forearm vertical then I don't think your wrist will be anywhere near your knee to necessitate showing your wrist is clear.

9. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

All distances in the rules are to the target

10. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    FACEPLATES SIZES

For kneeling & standing shots there must be at least 25mm of faceplate around the hit zone

All other targets must have at least 10mm of faceplate around the hit zone.

Does this mean we can now use The dreaded Lollipops on positionals again?

11. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

No Greg we haven't changed that, this is clear in the hosting guidelines that will be sent out to all hosting clubs, I'll also add them to the website when I get chance.

The section you've quoted hasn't changed since last year, only the bits in RED are changes or additions.

12. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Hi Pete, are the worlds going to be set to 2016 or 2015 rules? The link on the worlds site points to 2015 rules page, just wondered if the link is going to be updated.
    Please can you clarify.
    Cheers

13. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Pete & Pete, what is your opinions/view on the kneeling roll thingys being used instead of a bag? Somebody else is bound to ask so thought I'd be the 1st :)

14. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Hi Dave, I don't organise the Worlds but I've just asked Pete & they are using the 2016 rules/format so I've just altered the links on the website.

15. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Ok, cheers Pete

16. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    clarify please

Course setting guidelines

Any supported kneeling shots over 45yds MUST have a support to allow a standing shot to be taken, for shots 35yds or under this is not a requirement as it's not always possible on some courses.

Not in red , is it my OS or something wrong , sorry to add to your burdens lads

17. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Cheers Vince, I'd checked that 4 times & still missed it.

The changes to the rules & Format only are in RED

18. simmmo

simmmo Member

So how far can the supported kneelers go out beyond 45yds?

Vince can answer this one Pete.

Monkey

19. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    What happens if ones windicator accidently breaks or falls off is it allowed to be repaired or replaced?

20. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Didn't know you shot ukahft events Dave?

It would really depend on what sort of repair/replacement was needed, if you needed to leave the course to effect a repair then the answer would be No, if your string fell off then as long as you let someone know what was happening then there would be no problem tying it back on....... Anything else would really have to be taken on a case by case basis by the marshals as there are too many permutations to answer here.