UKAHFT 2015 rules ref equipment

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by Metallninja, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Metallninja

Metallninja New Member

Club:
    Grampian Air Rifle Club
    Hi all
    I used to shoot with a Daystate Mk4is Target with the rubberised stock. Great for gripping against HFT posts.

I recently swapped to an FTP900 with a highly polished laminated stock, which slips down the posts.

So with regards to the UKAHFT 2015 rules,,,,,

Does high grip tape applied to the stock count as a "device to support the stock / rifle on the peg or tree"?

The idea is not to support as such like the suggested spikes, brackets or ledges etc but merely to add grip against the post ( and save the finish of the stock).

Over to you

2. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I've had grip tape on my gp with a panther stock for the same reason , i had no complaints , the ruling was put in place to stop people making a device which could stick into the pegs on up the peg shots or in trees and posts on positionals .
    If you do fit the tape make sure you get all the loose grit off the tape ,You don't want all that coming off in your gun slip and working its way into your action.

3. Metallninja

Metallninja New Member

Club:
    Grampian Air Rifle Club
    Thanks tugg