2011/2012 CSFTA Showdown

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos from events' started by Woody, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    Well done everyone!

Attached Files:

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Some nice photos there Mr(s) Wood.
    given there were two of my young freind "Woody" and that in none of the photos i could see the intended subject had not been missed just left, high, low or right, I? can only presume Mrs Wood was in charge of the camera?:D
    speaing of Mrs.wood, I see the reason there was a lack of blueburyy muffins at Bisley a few weeks ago is because she has eaten them all?
    I saw a reflection in a window yesterday of some chap that looked like that, he moved off as i went to talk to him though! Still, not long know and the best to both of you.

Anyway, looks a good day. :)

3. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    What a lovely way to spend a day

Lovely weather (i.e. no rain! some sun) and an interesting Bisley wind (the flags out on Stickleback are no help whatsoever). Great company and for the lucky four that made it to the finals a rare chance to shoot 100 targets ... the last ones becoming a blur.

I am suffering a wee bit today as I have no doubt is Helen. Many thanks to the BFTO folk and all who participated. Congratulations to Rob and Tim in the cup.

I hope the weather is as nice at Newbury later this month

Neil

4. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    Ha ha Very good Simon from Mrs Woody! :D

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Very nice shooting Neil. 17 at the end of the day was equalled by Tim on the same session, who I thought would have me but even he was tricked by the breeze late on. It seemed barmy that you could stick them down the throat at one end of the course out to 50+ and yet 40's needed kills of wind at the other end. The far course in the morning was just nuts. It was so easy to lose a handful by jnot really anything more than bad luck. It seemed there was a switch... blowing a little takes nothing, blow a little more, takes a kill +.

It's good to see several shooters in all the grades across the region getting solid scores on a regular basis, quite a few have turned a corner this season. Roll on the regionals! :D

6. rx8

rx8 New Member

Club:
    bisley
    csfta showdown

just a few pics from the semi final.

Attached Files:

7. Miss England

Miss England Mr. Kipling has nothing on me

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers, South Dorset, Parkstone
    Well Done to all it was a great day indeed.... not in any small part because I managed to bring home more trophies than Rob!!!!!! :)

I am still in shock and keep looking at my trophy and grinning like a cheshire cat!!!!

Thanks for all the support and as ever the showdown is a great place to not only catch up with friends but meet new ones too. I enjoyed round one very much haveing been drawn with my Bro in Law James Woodhead, next I was with Mick Kelly and we managed to laugh ourselves over the obstical course that was round two. Thanks to Tony from North Oxon for sharing 40 targets with me it was neck and neck till the end. Neil the deserving winner of the plate - I take my hat off to you for managing to shoot so damn well even after 100 shots. A most enjoyable final all feelings of pain and exhaustion were easily pushed aside when remembering that I had got myself a trophy and I was in the final :eek:

All my hard work physio wise has helped my back no end and although I did take a rather copious amount of pain killers am pleased to have got throught the day even if by the final I could hardly pick the gun up let alone focus on any targets!!!

Well Done Neil - well deserved and bloody good shooting.

Better congratulate the other half (especially as he only got 1 trophy and I got 2!!!!). Great shooting Rob, thats 2 years in a row..... going to go for the third next year?!?!? :D

Well Done goes out to all the Winter League trophy winners too - I am happy to say that the Buccaneers were well represented in the trophies this year - Notably Geoff Ames in C (well deserved Geoff), Mick Winstanley 2nd in B (Grrr I will get you next year!!! - But well done my friend), Steve Privett 2nd AA and the Gary Wells - so close to overall winner but you are our champion Steve - well done. I managed a 3rd in B overall so Bucc's Rule!!!!

Thanks to all who make the showdown great fun. Roll on the inter-regionals :)

Hmmm..... We will need a bigger TV for my trophies..... maybe a cabinet is needed..... :p:D