2009 Gathering

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Sparky, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    I ve just got back from M.A.D after a 6 hour journey to learn that Redfearn have pulled out of hosting the Gathering, this is not the first time they have done this but believe me it will be the last.

I won t post my feelings on an open forum, but you can guess what they are

To all the people who have already booked a travel lodge etc, please feel free to contact someone at Redfearns and ask them what they intend to do about it.

As soon as we sort out a replacement venue we will let you know.

All I can do is apologise but this is totally out of the UKAHFT hands.

Pete

2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Oh b####x !!!!!!!!:mad::(:(:(
    Don't know what else to say really:(

Dave

3. Steve Hebby

Steve Hebby Beware the Chair

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    It is obvious from your post that you have spoken with your UKAHFT colleague who has his own personel opinions.
    As a club we can not apologise enough. We have only just been made aware by our Landlord last week of a major tree felling operation that will take place in over half of the woodland over the next 3 months. The decision to cancel this event was not taken lightly. In our view, to put 2 courses in the remainder of the wood not effected by the tree felling operation would be a definate struggle and would not do the event justice. As the Gathering was to be held in November, the committee feel that 3 months notice of cancellation of the event was not unreasonable.
    We do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Sorry Steve but Pete only spoke to me this morning about your PM to us both.

Try not to make it personal, this is a decision that affects a lot of people who have pre booked accommodation that cannot be refunded. This is not about any of my personal opinions, how could it be as it was me who originally asked Pete is I could approach Redfearns to host the Gathering :confused:

To be quite honest Steve the remaining woodland is bigger than the area used for the last two Gatherings & a slightly compressed Redfearn Gathering would be better than no Gathering at all or a Gathering where people can't afford more accommodation.

5. Steve Hebby

Steve Hebby Beware the Chair

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Pete,

The Redfearn FTC committee made the decision that the remaining woodland would not be suitable. You as a Redfearn member elected that committee. I would prefer, that you direct your comments to the Redfearn FTC committee and not place your comments on an open forum. Your comment on an open forum could be seen as conduct which is deemed by the Committee to be unseemly, objectionable or calculated to bring the Club into disrepute.

I will not be responding to any more posts on this forum with regard to this matter.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

I think the committee have done a very good job of doing that themselves, wouldn't you think?:D

Please note the smiley at the end of the comment,

Lee

7. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

No i posted this after i read your pm, just because we both said about people losing money, and yes i am pissed off, as like i said it's not the first time we have been let down by Redfearn but i can assure you it will be the last.

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

What part of my post you have quoted could apply to the above ???

Your implied threat is noted Steve but trying to censor/threaten a moderator & organiser on the official UKAHFT forum doesn't tend to work

9. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Steve I think Redfearn's have managed this pretty well on there own, the comments I've read on here are certainly a lot more subdued than the comments that have been expressed by the shooters I've spoken to. Redfearns have not only pissed off UKAHFT they've managed to cheese off a fair few shooters as well.:cool:

10. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

In the current economic climate this a big blow, myself, i am out of pocket to the tune of £60, rooms for myself and my son, and i'm guessing that another 100 odd shooters will be in the same situation.

Reading between the lines, what i find odd, is that a PM was sent saying cancelled, rather than a phone call saying we have a problem, can we discuss it, and see if there is a way around it.

If after discussion, the conclusion, that for safety/practicality etc, it was agreed that another venue would be better, then fair enough, but this SHOULD have been announced, as something that was MUTUALLY agreed by UKAHFT and REDFERNS, at the end of the day S++T happens, that is out of our control, and most people would accept this.

The way this cancellation appears to have been done, without discussion, will just get everyone's back up, and leave a lot of doubts in minds, as to whether Redferns wanted to host this event or not in the first place.

Just my humble, and now skint, thoughts.

11. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

I only live down the road but booked into the local travel lodge so we could have the Saturday night out. As things stand I will not be canceling my room just yet in case things change and another club in that area steps in to help;). I will however express my disappointment on the decision to cancel by the hosting club rather than seek an alternative. I would have thought that this could have been taken to the the other N.E.F.T.A clubs in the area first as there are two within the locality and both are used to hosting H.F.T. rounds. As for the 3 months being enough notice to cancel, most people book there rooms alot more earlier than 3 months so they can take advantage of the special rates.:mad:

12. jeff skinner

jeff skinner New Member

The first we knew of this work being carried out was last Wednesday when the landlord contacted me. I can honestly say that Redfearns were looking forward to hosting the Gathering and we was also looking forward to seeing the many friends we have made from the UKAHFT over the last few years. I can see from some of the posts above that there is doubt as to why this shoot was cancelled but I can honestly say that the shoot was cancelled due to this upcoming tree felling. Knowing that we would only be able to use approx half of the ground I know myself we would not be able to put on a shoot up to our usual high standards.
    I am bitterly disappointed in some of the responses to our cancellation on this forum as this forthcoming work was outside our control. We feel we have done all we can in notifying UKAHFT, which was done in a pm explaining the reasons why we had to cancel, to two UKAHFT organisers.
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience this cancellation may have caused but I hope that UKAHFT shooters do not bear any malice for this and I hope we can continue with very good relationship we have with HFT shooters as a whole.

Jeff Skinner
    Redfearn FTC Chairman

13. RPS123

RPS123 New Member

Woodlaithes Village,Overlooking Sunnyside, Rotherh
    Gathering

In my humble opinion i think the Readferns Commitee could have handled this slightly different by consulting with the UKAHFT organisers at the first sign of a problem privately and maybe sorted the issues out jointly rather than causing a potential rift. Even stranger as i read through the posts is Steve Hebbys response to scoobys reply as i can not find anything in it that warrants such a bitter response :confused:. A little OTT. Redferns is a top drawer club and it will be a shame if there are no UKAHFT shoots held here. :( :(

14. Tyke

Tyke Member

As a committee member of Redfearn FTC I feel insulted by some of the posts on this thread and I am going to give my point of view. Over 500 trees are to be felled by the land owner over the next 3 months and probably more will be taken over the next 12 months, to visualize that amount try emptying a full tin of pellets on the floor. The trees to be felled will not all come from the same area
    this means that any course layout ( 60 lanes) would have to be constantly changed and this would give the course setters far to much extra work which they were not prepared to do.
    The committee didn't take this decision lightly we will lose a lot of revenue and prestige for the club and we were happy to host this event but under the circumstances putting 60 lanes into the woods was a no go. As for the committee consultation with the organizers what can I say there is no Grey area to the argument we are not able to put out a gathering course.
    I am personally very disappointed as I enjoy the UKHFT shoots and over the years I have made many new friends but the facts are we had to make the hard decision to cancel the event at Redfearns.

15. The Darrener

The Darrener New Member

A bit disappointed that the Gathering won't be at Redfearns but why are people complaining about loosing money after booking into various Hotels? Are Redfearns and Emley that far away from each other that people would have made different arrangements had Emley been first choice?
    Thanks Emley for stepping in and offering us your venue for the Gathering.
    I am not sticking up for Redfearns for canceling but I don't like the sound of fellow shooters falling out over matters beyond Redfearns control.
    Come on chaps lets all be friends and deal with Redfearns behind the scenes.
    :)

16. The Darrener

The Darrener New Member

Sorry for posting the above reply but I have just read the thread that answers my comments. I will try to read more before making my next post/reply. :eek: :eek: