.177 or .22

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by s410rainbow, Jan 13, 2011.

1. s410rainbow

s410rainbow Non member

i just find it so hard to decide between the two, i find they are the same apart from different aim points, so why does every one prefer .177.

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Flatter trajectory Mathew. When you start shooting Ft courses, you will see the advantage of 177 if, as you did last Saturday, you miss range a target.

If its not raining saturday i will show you on some targets.

3. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Simon's right, go for the .177 which will be much better for the longer distances encountered in FT. ;)

4. Big Paul

Big Paul New Member

.177 is flatter its true but that does not mean its more accurate , just easier to learn trajectory , .177 is better for target for this reason , but if you shoot a light weight spring gun .22 means less recoil , or a none magazine PCP in the freezing cold then you will find that .22 is easier to load. I'm not sold fully on .177 I do use it but I also use .22 I think for all round shooting they both have merits and disadvantages but if you only have 1 gun and will only do target then go .177 . if your gonna have 1 gun and do target night , rat , ferrell shooting then .22 is hard to beat especially if a springer.

5. s410rainbow

s410rainbow Non member

its the 1 gun i have now as i had to sell my others to buy this s410 but i do every thing with it.