10m Target Pistol Club

Discussion in 'Paper Punching' started by rr-rob, Aug 19, 2019.

1. rr-rob

rr-rob New Member

Club:
    n/a
    Hi I have been shooting on and off when work permits rifles & pistols for a long time, recently a close friend acquired a Walther LP300 which has got me smitten, however, there doesn’t seem to be much said about match target pistols other than international level, firstly I need to acquire one, but more importantly are there any clubs in the south east/west that go in for this with a 10 meter range please ?

I was surprised today that after several calls to different organisations at Bisley they said that they don’t have that facility, I was hoping to find a club with a 10m range with like minded shooters interested in match Walther, Steyr’s etc target shooting, thank you for any info, rob.

2. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Did you try the NSRA? They run 10m pistol competitions and should be able to point you in the direction of a club.

As for the pistols they're all more than capable if you looking at the top end stuff like FWB, Steyr etc. Pick the one that is comfortable for you. Shops like the NSRA one at Bisley should be able to advise you on grip fitting etc.

3. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    Try Bisley field target organisation, (BFTO) they have ALL disciplines there, including 10m pistol, but be warned, it’s such a good club, you may find you needs more toys ;-)

When had a job down south, I initially joined the 10m club that shoots 1 night a week in the NSRA range, but when I found BFTO I ended up selling my Walther LP400 and buying quite a few other things to shoot there, as they do 10m, Benchrest, vintage bell, HFT, FT and more I think!

4. rr-rob

rr-rob New Member

Club:
    n/a
    Thank you James & mrgeoff, I think I did call the NSRA but found I was being told to go from one club to another all on the Bisley estate without success, hence my asking here, it’s so encouraging to get feedback and appreciated, thank you Just so that I know when referring to this discipline, is it referred to as “10m match target pistol” ?

I will try the BFTO, sounds like Jimmy Young all over again - Anyway, I will call them to find out more, I will also keep looking for a club closer to Brighton. Pistol wise I’d like to start with a Walther LP300 which I realise is a fairly old model now, unless there is good reason to buy newer ? regarding finding one I gather it will be sometime before I will be allowed to look at the sales section, but are there any known names on here that help new members with finding the right pistol please ? many thanks, rob

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Hopefully this might be of help.

Richard-Hemingway/clubfinder

It's on my list of to-do's to put onto our club map. I'm waiting for a rainy week.

Farington likes this.
  6. rr-rob

rr-rob New Member

Club:
    n/a
    Many thanks Rob, Parkstone looks a brilliant set up, I hope to get down there one day, meanwhile I’ll continue searching for somewhere closer, rob

7. Remmington Wildhunter

Remmington Wildhunter New Member

Have you triednthe hw 45

8. rr-rob

rr-rob New Member

Club:
    n/a
    Hi yes I use to have an HW45, I now have an LP300 but still no joy to finding a reasonably local club with a match 10m indoor range, just doesn’t seem to be any interest in the discipline, which is a very great shame, nearest seems to be Bisley which is over an hour away, ok for a once a year day out but I don’t fancy 2 hours in the car plus possible delays etc.

9. steve1000

steve1000 Active Member

I'm surprised there isn't a 10m club in the Brighton area as I think it's more popular than people think. The venue I go to has three different clubs use it on separate nights in Bedfordshire . Good luck finding somewhere